Healing Bacterial Cystitis Naturally
Most Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) aka Cystitis are caused by bacteria invading the bladder. The more common symptoms are;
- Burning sensation during urination
- Unusual frequency
- Chronic pain or pressure in the bladder
- Strong smelling urine, resembling a dead mouse
- Stabbing sensation in the bladder
If you have blood in your urine, or a fever, nausea or lower back pain, get checked by your doctor for kidney problems.
UTIs can occur anywhere in the urinary tract; the urethra, kidney and ureters but most commonly occur in the bladder. Once you’re confirmed as having bacteria present in your bladder by a culture sample, you’ll most likely be prescribed antibiotics by your doctor.
If you do not have bacteria present, please click here for healing Interstitial Cystitis.
If you want to take antibiotics, please also take Acidophilus capsules daily, 2-3 times daily once you’ve finished your antibiotics. This is important to replace the friendly bacteria in your body so you’re not susceptible to Yeast Infections
If you’d like to try treating your bladder infection naturally, you’ll find the bladder quite responsive. Many men and women have healed their Cystitis with this “Herbal Bladder Flush” remedy;
Fill a 2 quart stainless steel or glass pot with clean water. Bring the following herbs to a boil, then immediately simmer on low for 20-30 minutes;
- 2 bags or 2 tsp Uva ursea (or corn silk)
- 2 bags or 2 tsp Dandelion root (or Dandelion root powder, not roasted)
- 1 bag or 1 tsp Golden Seal Root
- 2 bags or 2 tsp Horsetail Herb
- Optional; 1 bag or 1 tsp Stinging Nettles
Drink one cup of this Bladder Flush Tea every hour, two cups an hour if you’re close to a bathroom. This is a diuretic (makes you pee) as well as a powerful antibiotic (Golden Seal). Note, Golden Seal is also a powerful liver detoxer, you may experience a head ache from this concoction if your liver is in need of cleansing. This will pass, drink extra water.
Your bladder will feel soothed and painless within hours. Don’t just sip on this, its better if you FLUSH the bladder by drinking 1-2 cups an hour until finished. You’ll feel greatly relieved as the bacteria is flushed from your bladder. You may need to repeat this for a couple of days, but usually once is fine. Keep this concoction on hand for any reoccurring infections.
Take 1000-5000 mgs of Buffered Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids to help boost our immune system as well as fight off the bacteria. The bioflavonoids help greatly with cellular integrity.
Drink ½ glass of Pure Cranberry Juice (not sugar loaded cocktails) every hour also, or take 1 Cranberry capsule every few hours. I recommend this lightly since its one of the most acidic foods on the planet. It’s natural acidity helps counteract bacteria in the bladder, but can possibly create irritation as well. The Cranberry remedy for Cystitis has become one of the most over used remedies today.
- Follow this up by drinking plenty of clean water to keep the bladder flushed.
- Don’t wear tight jeans.
- Wear only cotton underwear.
- Don’t hold in your urine, go as soon as you feel the need.
- Wipe from front to back after bowel movements.
- Try to drink water right before sex, so you can urinate and cleanse after sex.
- Use lubricants during sex, water based (KY Jelly or Glide) if you’re using condoms and coconut oil if not.
- Avoid diaphragms for birth control is you’re prone to repeated UTIs.
- Do not use chemical based bubble bath products in your bath, also avoid chlorinated pools.
- Avoid these new “soft” toilet papers, they are so soft they disintegrate upon contact, leaving irritating cellulose bits behind.
- Avoid sexual positions that rub harshly on the urethra. The missionary position is probably the most guilty of this.
- Include Cayenne in your cooking or drink some in a glass of water, cayenne is excellent for keeping your bladder tissue strong. -Stephanie Waymen (Rolfe) CNC